Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Missing Out.

Bumped into a person I know from Running last night.

We always talk races, training, nutrition, etc, whenever we see each other. It's great conversation, she's full of insight and wisdom, and its just great to chat with someone who is as passionate about running as I am.

So it was very disappointing for me to break it that I won't be running the Comox Half Marathon this year.  It's on Sunday, and with being sick, problems with my foot (getting better!), and just the fact that I haven't run enough mean I would be setting myself up for failure.

I ran it the last 2 years - missing out on this race will suck. I know its the right thing to do, but it bugs the shit outta me that I'm not in it.

Luckily my Running friend put a positive spin on it - sure, I will miss out on the Half, but now I'll have a chance to get ready for the Merville 15k - and she doesn't think I can beat her.

The gauntlet has been thrown down - and I have to answer.

Now the Merville race can't get here fast enough.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment