Thursday, September 04, 2008

Signed & Sealed...

It's official.

I'm now registered for the 8K Road Race at the Royal Victoria Marathon. I'll be one of 747 (so far) people lining up to run on October 12th.

Am I excited? Yes.

Am I nervous? Yes.

I want to do well, but I've also realized that just doing it is an accomplishment. A year ago my largest form of exercise was getting up off the couch to get a donut off the counter. (I'd say I've made good progress so far.)

If I do well this year, I think I'll do the Half-Marathon next year. (That's 21.3K - a step up from what I'm used to, to say the least.) But we'll take it one step at a time (excuse the pun) and finish this and the Miracle Beach run first.

The race is at 7:30 am, and my biggest fear is that I'll have to run by a Starbucks or two on the route. I hope they wouldn't frown on a guy running while chugging a Skinny Vanilla Latte.

We'll see how it goes.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment