- 41:00 - My time for the run. 2 laps of 4K each. (As an afterthought, I should have done the 12K.)
- Having only three guys finish ahead of me - One's a marathoner, one's a longtime runner, and the other guy was only 25 feet in front of me.
- Watching the one girl that passed me (snottily) slow down and start walking at about the 6K mark. As I ran by her, I picked up my pace just a little, because I could.
- Getting high fives from the wife and kidlets as I lapped them my second time around. (They were walking the course.)
- Having The Boy run into my arms at the finish line, were I was waiting for them after I was done.
Talk about a great fuckin' day. Awesome.