Saturday, September 27, 2008

Disco To Disco.



------->






I ran 15K today. (9.39 miles.)

It took me 1 hour and 21 minutes.

It was exhilarating.

I got the crazy idea in my head that it would be cool to run from the Store I work at now to the Store I used to work at. I suggested it to The Wife last night, and she thought I was crazy - so I laced up the shoes this morning and headed south.

It was easier than I thought. I paced myself at about 30 seconds/mile slower than my usual, and tried to just keep one foot in front of the other. There's a big hill about halfway through the run, and that was the most surprising part - it was way easier than what I expected. I think I'll try it again in a couple of weeks, and just try to improve my time. (It all depends on the weather - I'm not running for over an hour in a so'easter.)

It's nice to know I can go that distance. I'll admit, my legs are a bit tight right now, but that's also after working for nine hours and walking to and from work.

It's a good thing I'm sitting down - my legs have done enough work today.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment