Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cinematic Overload.

I should keep my mouth shut.

I bitch a lot about how Hollywood has run out of ideas, and that there is never anything coming out that I want to see. Now there's a deluge of movies coming my way, and I'll be scrambling just to keep up with them.

First there's the obvious ones:
  • Iron Man - Hello? Comic Book Movie? I'm all over it.
  • The Incredible Hulk - Read previous statement.
  • Indiana Jones - Is there anyone under the age of 40 who isn't going to see this?
  • The Dark Knight - See statement re: Iron Man.
  • Hellboy 2 - I loved the first one, (Much to the Sidekick's dismay) so this is a must see.
  • Hancock - There's just something about this movie that makes me want to watch it.

Those are the ones that I'm guaranteed to be at the theater for. If I have any glaring omissions, forgive me - I'm writing the list off the top of my head. (A real nerd would have that shit marked on a calender.)

And then there are the others - some are what you'd expext, others...not so much.
  • Speed Racer - Reliving my childhood. Maybe I should get stoned and see this... Cool Beans indeed.
  • Kung Fu Panda - I know the kids are going to drag me to see this, but the truth is I want to see it.
  • Get Smart - See my statement about Indiana Jones.
  • Wall-E - Of course I want to see this. It's Pixar.
  • The Love Guru - The same old Mike Myers shit, but hey - I 'll laugh. (Mainly about the fact of the Leafs being in the Cup Finals.)
  • Tropic of Thunder - This one looks fucking hilarious - and I don't say that often about Ben Stiller movies.
  • Step Brothers - Can't talk - laughing too hard.
So that's thirteen movies in as many weeks. If I include popcorn and such, I'll have to take out a loan just to see all the movies I want to. There's probably about 5 or 6 movies I forgot about as well, so that will be even more.

Yes, Hollywood - I bitched about you before, and now you're going to take all my money.

I was right - I should have kept my mouth shut.


Later.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uMlNKozweg

    ReplyDelete