I bitch a lot about how Hollywood has run out of ideas, and that there is never anything coming out that I want to see. Now there's a deluge of movies coming my way, and I'll be scrambling just to keep up with them.
First there's the obvious ones:
- Iron Man - Hello? Comic Book Movie? I'm all over it.
- The Incredible Hulk - Read previous statement.
- Indiana Jones - Is there anyone under the age of 40 who isn't going to see this?
- The Dark Knight - See statement re: Iron Man.
- Hellboy 2 - I loved the first one, (Much to the Sidekick's dismay) so this is a must see.
- Hancock - There's just something about this movie that makes me want to watch it.
Those are the ones that I'm guaranteed to be at the theater for. If I have any glaring omissions, forgive me - I'm writing the list off the top of my head. (A real nerd would have that shit marked on a calender.)
And then there are the others - some are what you'd expext, others...not so much.
- Speed Racer - Reliving my childhood. Maybe I should get stoned and see this... Cool Beans indeed.
- Kung Fu Panda - I know the kids are going to drag me to see this, but the truth is I want to see it.
- Get Smart - See my statement about Indiana Jones.
- Wall-E - Of course I want to see this. It's Pixar.
- The Love Guru - The same old Mike Myers shit, but hey - I 'll laugh. (Mainly about the fact of the Leafs being in the Cup Finals.)
- Tropic of Thunder - This one looks fucking hilarious - and I don't say that often about Ben Stiller movies.
- Step Brothers - Can't talk - laughing too hard.
Yes, Hollywood - I bitched about you before, and now you're going to take all my money.
I was right - I should have kept my mouth shut.