Sunday, April 02, 2006

Levels.

I'm a talker.

But I find that when I talk to people, I tend to divide them up into groups, and each group has a different level of conversation. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I'll try to explain.

  • Level 1: I don't know you, we've just met. - I'll talk to you about the weather, sports teams, non threatening global events, you get the picture.
  • Level 2: Friendly Banter - "How's your wife and my kids" kinda shit. Slightly off color jokes OK, but nothing too extreme.
  • Level 3: Opinions Count - We'll talk about semi-serious subjects, tell stories, relate some experiences. Nothing too deep, or personal. I may relate the occasional off -color comment.
  • Level 4: I Care What You Think - I'll actually listen when you tell me things, and care about the results. I may confide in you, and you will experience what type of crude S.O.B I can be.
  • Level 5: Let It All Hang Out - Not many make it this far. If you do, you either love me, or hate my guts. Your choice.

Everyday chats? Normally Level 1 or 2.

Coffee with the Sidekick? 5 all the way.

Am I crazy for thinking this way? Or does everyone do it to some extent?

How Deep do you go?

Later.

3 comments:

  1. First off I will leave the how deep comment alone....second of all it only the plutonic heterolife mate kinda love over here...make no mistake about that damn it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Joey, don't get your tights in a bunch. Living in the shadow of the bat can make anyone stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Brokeback, don't get confused with my meaning.

    I know it's stressful, being in the shadow of The Bat, as lunchbox says, but don't worry , you'll graduate from the short pants and yellow cape soon.

    Later.

    ReplyDelete