Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Through The Eyes Of A Child

For the first time in years, I'm actually getting a little bit excited about Christmas.
As I have said previously, I don't really like Christmas all that much. Too much hype and bullshit for my tastes. All the crap with being nice all the time just rubs me the wrong way.

But this year seems different.

The Boy is just about 3 now,( he hits that milestone on the 21st,) and he is so pumped about Christmas. He loves to talk about Santa and the Reindeer and all that shit. It's cool to see firsthand how someone can completely buy into the mythology. It gets me going, and I find that I'm telling him all the stuff I was told when I was younger, and of course giving it my own little twist. ( Everyone knows Santa brings beer and whores for Daddy, right?)

It's to the extreme that I'm putting up lights on the house. Never done that before. Never cared. Now we need lights "So Santa can find our house." The things I do for this kid.

It must be really cool to enjoy everything so much 'cause you are either seeing it or understanding it for the first time. Everything is new and exciting.

And from his point of view, I betcha even chicks with A-cups look like they got huge melons!

Ah... to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment