With the amount of technology nowadays, I think that each individual has a small percentage of nerd floating around in the mix.
Some are movie nerds, music nerds, computer nerds, gaming nerds; whatever. It's not like the old days when the nerds were just the book readers, math geeks, and D&D crowd, and the Jocks were the Jocks. Now most of the Jocks have computers and game consoles and play sports games on those, they use their computers to run hockey pools and of course, porn. So the old definitions just don't work anymore. In modern times, everyone is a nerd, it's just the Level of nerdiness that changes.
So where are you at?
- I have a blog
- I post pretty often
- Play X Box, mostly sports, but some Star Wars games
- Have a computer
- Addicted to said computer.
- Read lots of books, sci-fi, fantasy, whatever.
- Digs cartoons and comic books
- Can do minor computer hardware repairs, no software though.
- Have lots of DVDs; same genres as the books.
- Have played D&D, but that was in my youth, and not in the last 10 years.
I figure that puts me about the middle of the road. I'm nerd enough to hold my own for short periods of time with uber-nerds, yet still able to say " Boy, that guy is a nerd."
It's a sliding scale, and far from perfect, but where do you think you'd come in? Is it a valid argument? Am I full of shit?
Stay tuned for answers. ( Not Really.)