Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hurricane Obama

As I toiled away on the Stairclimber at the gym this morning, there was one thing that bothered me.

I was watching the news, and they were discussing Obama's visit to Canada today. There were shots of Air Force One, and pictures of the Ottawa skyline.

The strange thing was the amount of attention they were paying to the weather.

They were talking at great length about the rain in Maryland, and possible weather conditions in Ottawa. They updated it about 3 or 4 times. I don't think that the guys who fly the President's plane are going to be deterred because of a little rain - so I was confused as to the attention.

Although it's strange, I think it's a good thing that's all they had to talk about. If it was the previous President coming to Canada, you'd have stories about extra security to prevent a Mukluk assault.

I had to work today, so I didn't get to catch anything about the visit - I'll read up on it tomorrow. Knowing how Canadians feel about Obama, I'm sure he was greeted at the airport by mobs of adoring fans, and treated like he was the Second Coming of Christ. (That or the Black Superman, I'm not sure which.)

Either way, I'm sure it'll be entertaining.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment