Thursday, February 12, 2009

Departure.

We loaded up the Sidekick's stuff today - he's off to the big city.

I think he had even more crap than I did - and I lived in a house, not a one-bedroom apartment. (To be fair- he's been in that place a long time.)

The best find:

This cover - just picture a band across the corner that says "Gretzky Retires" and there will be no confusion as to how long this particular piece of literature has been sitting in his apartment. He started calling it a Pop Culture Archive, what with all the Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly laying around, but I think it was more of a explosion of geekiness - a Nerdgasm, if you will.

And now it's packed up and gone.

I'll admit - I'm a bit sad.

It should be okay, though - he's coming back to tidy and finish some final stuff at the end of the month, and I'll go over and stay in the Big Smoke for a couple of days when he heads back. After that, I'll have to live vicariously through his exploits via Facebook. (At least until I can get over there again.)

I wonder if Skipper felt like this when Gilligan left the island?

We'll never know.




Later.

1 comment:

  1. You know if we had time you so would have gone through "The Pop Culture Archive!!!

    ReplyDelete