Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's A Miracle, All Right.

Yeah, that's me sprinting towards the finish line at the Miracle Beach 10K.

The picture quality is lousy, but it's either because my Wife is really bad with the camera or I'm moving too fast to catch on film. (Let's go with the later.)

Considering the fact that I haven't ran more than 10 minutes at a time all week, I did really well. I set a new personal best for myself (49:40) and surprisingly enough, came in 4th in my age group.

Of course I'm hobbled in pain as I write this, but that's part of the dream, right?


The two big differences between this run and the last? The potholes in the road and the 3K section past a farm which reeked of cowshit. (That's really great when you're huffing and puffing that in, let me tell you.)

But it was an enjoyable day in the end, and that's what counts.

As soon as my hip heals up a bit, I think I'll start training for my next race. (Whatever that's going to be.)



Later.

1 comment:

  1. Sudies suggest that runners have been presenting with blown hips at a rapidly increasing rate. Treadmill Gymbos slightly more than only-outside runners, according to a new journal article that came out about 2 months back.

    Remember -- you can't have a third replacement on any joint.

    ReplyDelete