Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kenyan Or Jamaican?

I'm having trouble deciding on a nationality.

I'd love to be able to cover the grueling marathon distance like the Kenyans do, but can't overlook Jamaica's dominance in the short track events. (Which is better ladies - a quick sprint or a long run?)

The main problem I have is that I'm the whitest Canadian I know - even with running outside, I've only got a pseudo-tan, not even worth bragging about. I'd never fit in.

Maybe I should incorporate time in the tanning booth into my training regimen.

Or, maybe I should just run more.

Yeah, that's it.


Later.




P.S. - I did my 5K outside today, as opposed to the treadmill, and did it in about 26:00 (give or take 5 seconds.) Although not below the 25 min mark like I hoped, it was nice to be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment