Friday, August 01, 2008

Inner Rock Spectre.

Have you ever been driving your car, and all of a sudden can't recall the last few minutes of your trip?

You know you did it - you're still in your car - but you can't recall turning left, right, left, left, right. It's like your brain switched off, but you were still able to drive.

That's how I am when I play Guitar Hero 3.

I'll be crusin' along, rockin' out - and I'll see a complicated note pattern coming up. As long as it takes to think to myself "You're gonna fuck this up bad.", I'm through it and done. I can't recall even thinking about what buttons to push - it just happened.

The only explanation I can come up with is that I'm possessed by some Rock God. They somehow take over my body and allow me to progress along the path they must have taken years before. (But in real life, not a video game.) It's either that or I have to believe that I'm just a lucky spaz who happens to hit the right keys when he's flailing away like an idiot.

You can see why I went with the first guess.

Possession would explain so many things - Why I like groupies so much, my lifelong desire to live on a bus, and my secret yearning for leather pants. (Those must be the signs of a restless spirit.)


So when I start hitting 98-99% on Through Fire & Flames - you have to thank the two of us.


Me and my Inner Rock God.




Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment