Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feeling Horrible

I don't regret much when it comes to the world of pop-culture.

I missed out on Pearl Jam early on, and thanks to the Sidekick, was shown the error of my ways. My regret is that I missed out on all the hype and excitement for each album - the anticipation of what's to come. After all, isn't that half the fun of following a band?

I get the same feeling for Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

It was on the peripheral of my Internet browsing habits 3 years ago - I knew it was there and heard it being talked about, but just kinda ignored it - Neil Patrick Harris really didn't do it for me, and the whole musical thing just seemed weird.

Talk about being wrong.

Based on a solid recommendation from the Twin, as well as some others, I checked it out yesterday. I was blown away.

Complete fucking nerdgasm.

I'm glad I got to see it all in one go, but I kinda wish I'd have been paying attention when it was happening - the story just works for me, and the anticipation between each act would have driven me nuts. (Yes, I realize I'm a mid-thirties guy talking like a teenage girl at a Bieber concert.)

The next time something like this rolls around and I'm not paying attention, somebody slap me, please.



Later.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 pm

    You've watched Firefly, right? And Battlestar Gallatica? Talk about nerdgasms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I kept passing on it until I just recently watched it on Netflix Instant Play, not to mention Nathan Fillion is fantastic in everything that he does.

    ReplyDelete