Monday, November 01, 2010

Blast from the Past

So I'm watching AMC's The Walking Dead.

(Fucking awesome show, by the way.)

As the episode closes, there's this wicked song that comes on during the closing credits. Maybe it was the fact that I just watched some spectacular, emotional, engaging TV, but I was really digging the grove.

So I go online to look up the title, and find out it's called "Space Junk" - Cue it up on Youtube, and I'm grooving away.

Then I notice something.

It's Wang Chung.

Yeah - that Wang Chung - you know, Dance Hall Days, Everybody Have Fun Tonight.. The guys I fucking hated in the Eighties. Turns out they made this song in '97.

I guess 13 years is enough time to bury the hatchet. (And after watching The Walking Dead, that's just such a great visual..) Doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy Look at My Wang - Wang Chung's Greatest Hits, but it does mean I'm going to grovve on this song just a bit more.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. remanising about sometings u have forgotten
    but relizing they wer just stored in deep back of ur head is such a great feeling
    espesaly wen it takes u back to funner times ^^

    ReplyDelete