Friday, November 05, 2010

Brand New Scene

Yesterday I switched my TV service over to Telus. I did the whole "Bundle" thing with the Home phone, TV, and Internet. (It's what all the cool kids are doing.) Since I already had Phone and Internet with Telus, throwing the TV package in there just seemed like a good idea.

I'm incredibly happy with the results.

Aside from waiting for the Install guy to show, it was a painless procedure. (be it Shaw or Telus, why do they have to say "Between the hours of 8am to 8pm" - what's wrong with "2-ish"?) The installation was quick and easy, and he had it setup and running in about an hour. (All shiny brand-new equipment too - he said that this is the 3rd gen stuff they are installing now, works like a charm.)

I really like the guide/schedule/PVR setup as opposed to what I had with Shaw - it's more polished and intuitive. The "Search" feature alone is worth the switch. I find that my picture quality is better too - but if that's from Telus or the fact that they use HDMI instead of Component cables, I'm not sure.

And the upgrade to my ADSL speed is nothing short of amazing - to go from max 5Mbps to approximately 15Mbps is pure heaven. It's not like I was in a two wheeled cart on a muddy road, but my Internet has gone from a minivan to a sportscar to say the least.

I'm sure I'll find some faults with it once the shine wears off, but for now I think I made the right decision.

Now if you'll excuse me - I have some High-Def Zombies I have to watch - (Walking Dead premiere is on repeat..)



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment