Friday, July 20, 2012

Three Days, 23 Miles.

I'd offer an excuse for my absence here, but it really doesn't matter - I just didn't feel like I had anything to write about.

I've spent the last couple of weeks running, working, seeing movies (both the Kid-Bitten-by-a-Spider variety and the Talking-Teddy Bear-with-a-Bong variety.) and for the last week, have been doing the Family Vacation thing - we've kept it fairly low-key, and didn't bother venturing off Vancouver Island at all.

For the post title to make any sense, I had to explain about being on Holidays. For those of you who remeber my trip to Vegas in May, you'll recall my Wife has a rule when we are on Vacation: it's a vacation from running as well.

I know - crazy, right?

Since she knows I'm not going to take the whole week off running, we just settle for me not running when we are out of town. That meant our 3 day visit to Victoria put a serious cramp in my weekly mileage. To get back on track I decided to drop my shorter runs this week and just focus on the long runs and steady pace runs.

In a juggling match of epic proportions, I ran my Tuesday 7 mile run on Wednesday, my missed 9 mile Sunday Long Run on Thursday, and my Friday 7 miler was actually run on..well, Friday.

That's 23 miles in 3 days.

Did I mention there was a day at the lake and a minigolf-bumper boats-beach day in there was well? I've spent more time on my feet on my holidays than if I was at work.

And I actually feel pretty good.

I have a light 4 mile run tomorrow, (completely optional) and then an 18 mile Long Run on Sunday.

After that, my holidays are over and I'm back to my sweet routine of running, work, and life.

...oh yeah, I'm going to try to include blogging in there too.






Later.



*Did I mention it's only 73 days until my marathon? Any guesses as to how bad I'm freaking out?

2 comments:

  1. I feel like we're leading slightly parallel lives. I've had so much to say, and no time to say it lately. We did a short vacation last week and are looking forward to another (slightly) longer one next week. But so much work before and after the vacation!

    73 days out? and you're hitting 18? YOu're fine. Just. Fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The actual upcoming discharge of MS office 2010 download seems to have provided a substantial amount the eye.
    Microsoft Workplace is amongst the most critical software globally from desktop computer products. This software program can be obtained from any type of business office 2010 product key setting. This imminent discharge of? Microsoft Workplace download office 2010 has provided a substantial amount the interest with many most people internationally.
    The main bundle belonging to the Office applications might be popular by just home business pros and other office associated personnel. It truly is, thus, somewhat important
    that any kind of employee update versions his or her's competencies just by finding out how to employ Microsoft's office 2010.

    ReplyDelete