Wednesday, May 26, 2010

38 and Change


Today is my 38th Birthday.

To tell you the truth, it feels just the same as the day before, and the one before that. The only thing that amazes me about it is that I don't feel 38. Hell, mentally, I'm surprised if I'd rate anywhere over 18.

When I was younger I always looked at people near or over 40 as responsible, serious, and...old. As I creep up on that age myself, I find it's just the opposite - I'm serious, all right, but I'll still do shots in the cab of a truck or dance until I can't stand anymore. I relate well with people who are both 10 years older and 10 years younger than me. (Maybe that's just my sunny disposition, but who knows?)

So when does this "old" age hit?
Not for a long fucking time, if I can help it.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment