Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Imagination Conflagration

I had a strange dream last night.

Not only was it strange in the fact that it was weird, but strange in the fact that I remember parts of it. (Lately I've had issues with waking up throughout the night for 2-3 min and falling back asleep, but that's another post.) It was just odd enough that it stuck with me after waking.

I've recently switched gyms to something newer, nicer, and closer to my house.  It's literally less than a 10 minute walk away - sooo nice on those early mornings.

In my dream, I was working out at my new gym, and post-workout jumped onto the treadmill.  I'm running along thinking about nothing (a usual occurrence when I run) and I briefly looked to my left - running beside me was Rich.

Rich is a guy from my old gym. I've never really mentioned him by name in any posts before, but if there was ever an incredibly annoying, loudmouth, close-talking, bigoted, misinformed person mentioned in any of my former "gym" posts, it was him.

As I look away dumbfounded, I glance to my right, and am equally shocked at who is on the treadmill on my other side.

Does anyone else have that first girlfriend/boyfriend who ripped their heart out and stepped on it? Well, that's who was on the other treadmill.

I looked at them both gave them the "What the fuck are you doing here" look and just kept running along.

But they stayed there.

And stared.

And stared.

Finally I just remember running so fast that when I looked back again, they were gone, and the gym was empty.

I know that all of that has to be symbolic of something, but I'm clueless as to what it is.

All I know is no more Subway for dinner - I'm guessing the Cold Cut Trio was the cause. That's my theory.

And I'm sticking to it.





Later.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely means something...although I'm not sure... I'm pretty good at these things. But if I had to take a stab at it.... it would be this..
    [(Key facts)] In your dream you were somewhere new, but doing the same thing and surrounded by the same people (ex and gym mate) who you thought you'd left or avoided were next to you at your new gym.
    [(To me that signifies)] that although you removed yourself physically from something in your life you have not moved forward mentally. You're still running on the same treadmill which we all know will lead you no where. Only your legs are moving and your mind has not caught up.
    I would suggest you do a self-analysis. What are you holding on to.. clearly you still feel a particular way about the ex (based on how you so nicely described them)... it's time for you to move on.
    [(A friendly interpretation.. hope it helps)]

    ReplyDelete